Mechanical Project Engineer
Cleveland, OH | Sep 30, 2023
Do you want to use your technical skills to solve people’s problems?
A Mechanical Project Engineer helps clients achieve their building project goals while growing technically and professionally.
As a Project Engineer, you’ll work on an engineering team through the lifecycle of a building project. Responsibilities include design, system calculations, equipment selection, construction documents, project specifications, probable cost estimates, and coordination with other disciplines. You may also assist with system evaluations and technical reports.
Through the projects you serve on, you’ll deepen your knowledge of HVAC, Plumbing and Fire Protection systems. You’ll see projects take shape in the field, and you’ll develop your understanding of how design impacts construction. As your knowledge and skills advance, you’ll have opportunities for increased project management and leadership.
At Karpinski Engineering, you’ll work with colleagues who are committed to continuous improvement. You’ll be mentored by a senior engineer, and you’ll mentor engineers and/or interns. Because we believe that our technical staff is integral to business development initiatives, you’ll have opportunities to participate.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering from an ABET accredited college
- 2-5 years of experience in the building engineering industry
- Skilled in AutoCAD and Revit
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable working in a team environment
- Responsive to both internal and external clients
- Able to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Familiar with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with engineering design for healthcare and higher education clients
- Experience with alternative project delivery methods
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States.