Civil Project Engineer / Senior Civil Project Engineer
Cleveland, OH | May 03, 2021
As a Civil Project Engineer or Senior Civil Project Engineer, you have the opportunity to manage projects: leading project design, cultivating client relationships, and growing as an engineer and leader.
You’ll take the initiative on project design and coordination, keeping your projects on track from start to finish. You’ll develop strong relationships with your colleagues both in and out of the office, collaborating with them to deliver projects that help our clients succeed. You’ll receive mentoring and pursue professional development so that you can advance as an engineer, client advocate, and leader. This position is designed for growth and may lead to additional opportunities in business development.
Karpinski offers excellent benefits and a flexible work schedule in a supportive environment. Your job title (Project Engineer or Senior Project Engineer) will be determined by your experience level.
- Project management: Lead civil engineering design and coordination through the lifecycle of a project.
- Develop design concepts, drawings, engineering calculations, system/site layouts, specifications, and probable cost estimates. Provide overall project coordination through construction completion.
- Collaborate with project teams to meet your client’s performance, schedule, and financial goals
- Advocate for your clients by presenting design options, proposing solutions, resolving issues, and advising on best practices
- Represent Karpinski at project meetings and serve as a liaison to your clients
- 8-15 years minimum experience in site development
- Project management experience
- Technical expertise in site layout, grading, utility design, storm water management (including low impact development strategies), and storm water pollution prevention plan development
- Track record of putting together clear and complete sets of plans
- Proficient in AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Familiarity with ODOT standards
- Able to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable working in a professional team environment, and responsive to both internal and external clients
- Registered Ohio Professional Engineer
- LEED Accredited Professional
- Certified Professional in Erosion & Sediment ControlTM
- Experience with municipal engineering on roadway and utility improvement
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States.