Intern, Mechanical Engineering
Cleveland | Columbus | Pittsburgh | Sep 01, 2023
Do you want to develop your mechanical engineering skills while solving real-world problems?
A Mechanical Engineering Intern works with an engineering team on real design projects.
You’ll participate in the design of mechanical systems (HVAC, plumbing, fire protection) for projects such as schools and healthcare facilities.
Responsibilities include the production of construction drawings and details under the direction of a Project Engineer. You’ll work with drawing and design guidelines to complete tasks such as layouts, calculations, and system design. You’ll increase your familiarity with design software such as Revit. You may also coordinate system equipment and distribution with other disciplines (e.g. electrical, structural, architecture).
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering from an ABET accredited college
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable working in a team environment
- Responsive to both internal and external clients
- Able to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Familiar with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with AutoCAD and Revit