Senior Project Engineer, Electrical
Canonsburg, PA | Dec 09, 2019
Solve people’s toughest building engineering challenges. Work with premier institutions and local communities on one-of-a-kind projects, large and small, that make a lasting impact on people’s lives.
As a successful senior electrical project engineer, you will:
- Lead engineering design through the lifecycle of building projects, for markets including healthcare, education, and corporate
- Create efficient, reliable, and thoughtful electrical system designs that align with your clients’ project objectives
- Develop strong relationships with your colleagues both in and out of the office, collaborating with them to deliver designs that help your clients succeed
- Advocate for your clients by presenting design options, proposing solutions, resolving issues, and advising on best practices
- Mentor junior engineers, helping them to grow technically and professionally as they work on design projects
- Receive mentoring and pursue professional development so that you can advance as an engineer, client advocate, and leader
- Lead electrical engineering design (including power distribution, lighting, and fire alarm) through the lifecycle of a building project. Tasks include design, system calculations, equipment selection, layouts, construction documents, project specifications, probable cost estimates, site visits, project coordination, and construction administration.
- Collaborate with project team to meet the client’s performance, schedule, aesthetic, and financial goals.
- Conduct system evaluations, produce technical reports, and support colleagues with technical review of their projects.
- Submit project fees and meet project financial goals.
Mentor junior electrical engineers – assign work, track progress, provide feedback
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering from an ABET accredited college
- 5+ years of experience in the building engineering industry
- Proficient in AutoCAD and Revit
- Knowledgeable about National Electrical Code
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable working in a team environment
- Responsive to both internal and external clients
- Able to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Familiar with Microsoft Office Suite
- Registered Professional Engineer or passed the Fundamentals of Engineering Exam
- Experience with engineering design for healthcare and higher education clients
- Experience with alternative project delivery methods
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States.