Marketing: Proposal Manager
Feb 02, 2021
Karpinski Engineering, a five-office, award-winning engineering firm, has an immediate opportunity for an energetic team player in their Marketing Department. A presence in our Cleveland office will be required.
As Proposal Manager, you will help Karpinski Engineering position itself to win work. This position blends proposal management with proposal production. You will collaborate with staff members across the firm to evaluate project opportunities, develop proposal strategies, and create winning proposal materials. You will lead the proposal team and manage workflow so that proposals are complete, accurate, and ready to present to the client. The Proposal Manager is expected to assist the marketing team in any duties which would provide quality proposal support services for the company’s service divisions.
- Manage proposal development and production process from RFQ/RFP receipt to contract award.
- Develop creative and compelling proposals, presentations, and other materials in response to Requests for Qualifications (RFQs) and Requests for Proposals (RFPs).
- Provide a Go/No Go analysis for RFQ/RFQs and maintain pursuit data in Karpinski’s electronic tracking systems.
- Assign proposal and interview production, lead the development of win-strategies, and manage the quality of pursuits.
- Manage and mentor proposal staff, helping them produce quality work and grow as professionals.
- Provide overall quality assurance for proposals, presentations, and related marketing materials, ensuring adherence to Karpinski’s brand, style guides, and best practices.
- Conduct research and interview technical staff to create compelling marketing content, such as project descriptions, project approaches, or project processes.
- Maintain annual SF 330 and qualifications packages for various markets and services. Create and update marketing materials for use in RFPs/RFQs, business development packages, etc.
- Apply Karpinski’s business objectives, priorities, and sales strategy to the proposal process and related marketing initiatives.
- Maintain marketing databases, filing and archiving.
- Assist with other marketing department needs, as requested.
- 4 to 8 years minimum experience in proposal and presentation planning, layout, drafting proposal content, graphics, and editing.
- Experience in A/E/C industry a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Business, or a related field or equivalent; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Highly proficient with Adobe Creative Cloud/Suite (particularly InDesign) and MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
- Strong written and oral communications skills; communicates clearly in writing and uses correct spelling and grammar.
- Demonstrate a complete understanding of the Request for Proposal (RFP) and/or Request for Qualification (RFQ) process.
- Proficient and accurate in producing comprehensive deliverables including the planning, layout, drafting, editing, and production of proposals and presentations.
- Team-oriented, collaborative, and resourceful.
- Highly organized and can prioritize multiple, simultaneous projects in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.