Cleveland, Ohio | Aug 24, 2022
Karpinski Engineering, an award-winning, multidisciplinary engineering firm, has an opportunity for a skilled writer and strategic thinker to join its dynamic Marketing team.
As Content Strategist, you’re the point person for creating and implementing Karpinski’s communications plan. You’ll collaborate with stakeholders across the firm to develop compelling content that promotes Karpinski’s expertise, brand, and people. You’ll use your interviewing and writing skills to craft thought leadership articles, social media posts, conference presentations, proposal content, award entries, and more.
The Content Strategist reports to the Director of Corporate Marketing Strategy and the CMO. This position is based in our Cleveland headquarters.
- Plan and implement Karpinski’s content strategy, inclusive of the firm’s thought leadership, website content, and social media. Serve as the go-to writer and content creator. Apply Karpinski’s business objectives to content development and creation.
- Promote Karpinski’s technical experts by collaborating with them to ghostwrite original articles, conference abstracts, and develop presentations.
- Maintain and write new content for the firm’s website.
- Manage the firm’s social media presence.
- Produce and deploy email campaigns; build the firm’s email subscriber base.
- Collaborate with technical staff to create compelling marketing content for proposals, presentations, and other materials.
- Assist with other marketing department needs, as requested.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience. A/E/C industry experience a plus but not required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Journalism, Marketing, Communications, or a related field or equivalent; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Exceptional communication skills:
- Strong written and oral communications skills. Excellent storyteller and editor; communicates clearly in writing and uses correct spelling and grammar; values accuracy and integrity in communication.
- Able to write about technical subject matter in a way that is accessible to non-technical readers.
- Skilled interviewer. Able to dig deep into a subject to unearth hidden gems; not afraid to ask lots of questions.
- Able to write in Karpinski’s brand voice and in different genres.
- Curiosity, drive, initiative, focus.
- Self-directed and able to work independently.
- Exceptional follow through.
- Team-oriented, collaborative, and resourceful.
- Highly organized and can prioritize multiple, simultaneous projects in a fast-paced, environment.
- Proficiency with web, social media, and email marketing tools (e.g., website CMS, LinkedIn, MailChimp, Google Analytics).
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (particularly InDesign) and MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.). Graphic design experience a plus.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and writing samples. Cover letter and resume can be submitted as one file (using the “Resume” upload box) and writing samples as one file (using the “Cover Letter” upload box). Alternatively, if you have an online portfolio, simply include a link in your cover letter or resume.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States.